4/21/10

March Update!

I am the worst blogger ever. I think about blogging at least once each week but I just never get to it. I don't know why it seems like so much effort when it totally isn't. I just stink but as usual promise to try and be better. :-)

So since our last update, we enjoyed a visit from Jer, Tammie, Josh and Katie. Luke finally made it to the zoo for his first time. He played quite a bit with his two little cousins. We celebrated Jeff's parents' 45th wedding anniversary. Jeff enjoyed some golf. It was a busy, fun time!

March 18th, we celebrated our 4th anniversary. Gosh, 4 years?! An amazing blessing to celebrate. Sadly, we didn't do much that actual day (bad wifey). In fact, I think we had leftovers and caught up on some TV that night. Pretty boring but welcome to marriage after four years and being exhausted after putting your toddler to bed. Can I get an amen?! But we did head out to Palm Springs the last weekend of March for our first "vacation" without the little guy. It was SOOOO fun! Jeff's parents got some good bonding time with Luke and as we anticipated, Luke did not miss us at all. Didn't cry once. I, on the other hand... well... I didn't CRYYYY per se. I might've teared up a bit on our way out and once or twice over the weekend. But all in all I could've handled another night or two. It was really great to relive the earlier days... staying up late, sleeping in, relaxing pool side, dining out just the two of us... all in silence! It was pretty blissful, I cannot tell a lie. :-) And even though it was a perfect weekend and I'll look forward to the next time, it was a long three days to be away from our sweet boy! We loved getting home and seeing his reaction. He seemed pretty happy ... he started showing off right away and doing this little dance that he does when he's excited. Very cute.

I'll update for April soon and will shortly post pictures and video! You are going to be impressed at how quickly our next blog update comes! :-)

xoxo

No comments: