6/24/10

Home Sweet Home & Happy Father's Day

We are home from a great time with the Peitsch family in Castle Rock, Colorado! Thank you Randy, April and Isaiah for hosting us. We had a wonderful time. Luke absolutely loved playing with Isaiah and Isaiah had so many fun toys which he graciously shared with Luke. Lots of cars, trucks, trains, and balls. Hopefully there are some pink dolls in April and mine's futures ... lol :) We also enjoyed a trip to the Aquarium and Cheyenne Zoo. I was able to visit with my friend, Joelle, from high school while the gang went to the Aquarium. It was so nice to see someone I grew up with and to catch up in person! We figured out that we have only seen each other twice in the past 8 years. I flew out to Las Vegas for her wedding 8 years ago and she came to Phoenix for mine 4 years ago. Hopefully it won't be so long next time and hopefully next time I'll take a picture of the two of us! And just a side note that Joelle was my only friend who showed up to my birthday party in 4th grade following hurricane Gloria. Now that's a good friend! :) Love you Jofa & loved our time together!

Traveling with Luke this time was almost perfect! If he had slept, he'd get a higher grade but he was really, really good. I couldn't believe it! I know he's getting older so his attention span has grown but I also felt we made a great effort to be prepared. We didn't know if anything in our traveling with toddler survival kit would work but it boosted our confidence to have options. I had read a lot of other mommy blogs and decided on a few things that sounded very Luke. We bought a portable DVD player and brought a couple of movies we rented from the library that Luke became obsessed with. We hid them a few days before so they seemed more new. We brought a coloring book, crayons, stickers, a travel doodler, lucky charms and a new matchbox motorbike. They actually all came in handy but mostly the video "There Goes A Firetruck" which is so cheesy but apparently his favorite. We'll see if these all work during our next flight in a few weeks! Off to Texas to visit my mom, grandma and aunt!

And to finish this post, I would love to wish my husband a Happy Father's Day! I prayed for a long time that God would not only bring a man into my life that would be a loving husband but also a loving daddy to our children. And that he is. I am touched on a daily basis by the way Jeff spends his time with Luke. There's something very sweet about being a part of watching your husband grow as a daddy. I feel very blessed to be a part of these moments. And grateful to his dad for being a Godly role model who spent countless hours of quality time with Jeff growing up. Two great dads to celebrate... Happy Father's Day!

More pictures and video coming very soon! xoxo

1 comment:

April said...

awww! Luke is so precious! Miss you all!