10/25/10

Someone turned two!

We celebrated the big 3-4 in our family earlier this month and then a little 2 on October 18th. I cannot believe I am 34! Ugh. We're getting old, people. I have to remind myself that I'm extra "crickety" right now due to being 33+ weeks pregnant and not because I am aging! :) It was fun to celebrate though. We went to Brio for dinner with our dear friends, Scott and Erin, and then off to the movies to see "The Social Network". That might sound lame to some but I quite enjoyed myself. No kiddos.. just adult conversation, no curfew and a box of milk duds. Perfection. :) And Jeff's parents had us over for dinner on my actual birthday with a delicious homemade cake to end a wonderful day. I have a lot to be thankful for at this time of my life and I enjoyed reflecting on that.

And now on to the very momentous 2ND birthday celebration!! Oh I just can't believe how fast the time is going. I know, I know... "wait until he's 5, 10, 15, etc.". Well he's not there yet. And next year you'll hear all about how I can't believe he's THREE!! :) He was SO excited for his birthday party. He was up extra early that morning and took a very short nap. That really excited mommy and daddy! (not) :) He knew he was having some special people come over and would name each one of them and we kept hinting at the gift we got him so all weekend he kept asking to ride a bike. He's been riding it ever since his party... super cute. Gigi and Don were here to celebrate too and Luke LOVES his slide from them. Grandma and Grandpa H got him a monster truck and that is one of his favorites too. I think his most favorite anticipation was his Lightning McQueen cake that mommy was making for him. I made my first attempt at a homemade cake and I have to say, it wasn't too shabby. It took HOURS to make but I learned a few lessons that will save me a lot of time next year. It was definitely fun to hear him talk about it and to see the look on his face when he saw it so I think I'll do it again next year. Pictures to come soon. :)

Update on baby girl... we THINK we have a name finally. :) We still waver a little so we'll see. We finally ordered and received her crib bedding. I LOVE it! I can honestly say that I saw it a million times online and did not like it at all. Then I was in a store here locally and saw it displayed in one of their cribs and I just knew it was what I was looking for. The colors are much more vibrant and I love the different fabrics. It's so cute and feminine, I just love it. :) We are refinishing the guest bedroom furniture and hope to have that done in the next week or so. I think we've decided to get a middle of the line crib from Target or Babies r Us for now and invest in better furniture later. I just like things to match so I'd rather get the bed when we're ready to get the add'l pieces.

Luke is dressing up as a Lion for Halloween. It's our first year trick or treating with him since he was sick last year so we're pretty excited. He's also talking NON-STOP these days. I love it .. most of the time. :) Hearing the words "bulldozer" and "garbage truck" 100 times in a row gets a little old sometimes. He's saying 4 and 5 words together now and counting to 10. He says "hi Jesus" when we drive past the church. He's been doing great going to class on Sundays. And everything is "self". His independence is becoming very important to him which we try to encourage in most circumstances. He still has A LOT of energy so we keep pretty busy. But we LOVE this stage. He is so fun and so cute and we just love this little boy so much. We feel so blessed that God has entrusted him to us.

Pictures and video to come soon.... :) xoxo

2 comments:

alan and steph said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures.... and to meet your little one in the next couple months! Wow - time has flown!

April said...

awww I love the "hi Jesus" part - soooo sweet! Wait till you hear him praying on his own one night thru the monitor, I cried! So excited you have maybe the name and do have the nursery coming along! Not much longer now... whew! Of course then things will really change... sleep ah what was that? humm I hope I find out again! =) Miss you and wish we were living closer by to share all this stuff... hugs!